Upcoming Lane Closures and Project Impacts
- I-64 single-lane closures both directions between South Military Highway and Battlefield Boulevard, February 18-21 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., and February 22 from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Intermittent day-time flagging operations at Tennyson Avenue, Military Highway, Yadkin Road and Great Bridge Boulevard ramp, February 1-28, 9 a.m to 3 p.m.
- Southbound Military Hwy will be reduced to 1 left lane where it passes under I-64 in Chesapeake beginning February 25 for appoximately 8 months. This will allow crews to widen I-64 over Military for the 64 Southside Widening and High Rise Bridge project (see more information below).
- Motorist should expect intermittent stoppages on Military Highway Northbound and Southbound at the I-64 overpass as crews begin the bridge widening over Military Highway from 9 a.m to 3 p.m and 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. Stoppages can last up to 20 minutes and will continue until further notice. Updates can be found on this website and roadway signage.
Pile Driving to Begin at Great Bridge Bridge Boulevard Construction Site
- As construction advances on the replacement of Great Bridge Boulevard Bridge, crews will begin pile driving Tuesday afternoon, February 19. Pile driving will take place between 8:00 a.m and 5:30 p.m. and residents and motorist should expect additional noise as the piles are driven and construction continues.
- The new Great Bridge Boulevard Bridge will be wider than the existing bridge to allow for the construction of the new High Rise Bridge and new interstate lanes.
Upcoming Lane Reduction at Military Highway Under the I-64 Overpass
- Southbound Military Hwy will be reduced to one left lane where it passes under I-64 in Chesapeake beginning February 25 for approximately 8 months.
- This will allow crews to widen I-64 over Military Highway for the 64 Southside Widening and High Rise Bridge project.
Restricted Access at Libertyville Road and Bainbridge Blvd Intersection beginning in March
Beginning in March, access to Bainbridge Boulevard from Libertyville Road will be restricted. Additionally, there will be no turns from Bainbridge Boulevard onto Libertyville Road. Motorists traveling on Bainbridge Boulevard will be able to continue straight through the Libertyville Road intersection.
Specific date of closure will be listed on this website when final date is confirmed.
Schedule is dependent on weather and unexpected delays.