Lane Closures and Project Impacts
- The speed limit on I-64 corridor work zone from Battlefield Boulevard to Bowers Hill has been reduced to 55 mph for the safety of motorists and workers. Please eliminate distractions while driving through work zones.
- I-64 alternating single-lane closures both directions between South Military Highway and Greenbrier Parkway:
June 16-20, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m
June 21, from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Reduction at Military Highway Under the I-64 Overpass
- Southbound Military Hwy will be reduced to one lane where it passes under I-64 in Chesapeake beginning February 25 for approximately 8 months. This will allow crews to widen I-64 over Military Highway for the 64 Southside Widening and High Rise Bridge project.
Restricted Access at Libertyville Road and Bainbridge Blvd Intersection beginning on March 20
Beginning March 20, access to Bainbridge Boulevard from Libertyville Road will be restricted. Additionally, there will be no turns from Bainbridge Boulevard onto Libertyville Road. Motorists traveling on Bainbridge Boulevard will be able to continue straight through the Libertyville Road intersection.
Schedule is dependent on weather and unexpected delays.
Pile Driving to Begin at Great Bridge Boulevard Construction Site
- As construction advances on the replacement of Great Bridge Boulevard Bridge, crews will begin pile driving Tuesday afternoon, February 19. Pile driving will take place between 8:00 a.m and 5:30 p.m. and residents and motorist should expect additional noise as the piles are driven and construction continues.
- The new Great Bridge Boulevard Bridge will be wider than the existing bridge to allow for the construction of the new High Rise Bridge and new interstate lanes.
Sign up for project updates and major traffic alerts straight to your inbox: Subscribe Here